MASTERCLASS – ROBIN ROBERTS TEACHES EFFECTIVE AND AUTHENTIC COMMUNICATION
Here’s what you’ll get:
1. Meet Your Instructor 15:56 Emmy-winning “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts welcomes you to her class, where she will teach you about negotiating, effective public speaking, body language, and how to authentically connect with your audience.
2. Make Your Mess Your Message 12:26 Robin explains what “make your mess your message” means to her and how it can help you. She also tells deeply personal stories about her cancer diagnosis and treatment.
3. Sharing and Embracing Vulnerability 11:24 Robin believes that vulnerability is a strength. With archival footage of some of her most raw moments on camera—including during Hurricane Katrina—Robin shows you the power of being vulnerable.
4. Making an Authentic Connection 7:55 Connection starts with a genuine interest in people. Robin shares how going back to the basics, including good manners, help you connect with people.
5. Public Speaking 9:14 If you’re going to speak in public, Robin recommends that you know your audience, don’t rely on a script and use some power poses.
6. Interviewing for a Job 16:00 Robin walks you through her strategies for getting the job you want, including bringing ideas, being sincere, and asking for advice.
7. Communicating Your Value at Work 11:34 How do you make the most out of your situation at work? Robin encourages you to know your worth, focus on standing out, find allies, and more.
8. Behind-the-Scenes at Good Morning America 11:34 Get an intimate look at the inner workings of “Good Morning America” as Robin shares a day on set.
9. Communicating for Television 10:32 Robin reveals her approach to communicating for TV, including focusing on storytelling, letting your authenticity shine, and choosing people over process.
10. Interviewing People for TV 17:42 Robin breaks down some of her most memorable interviews, including with Selma Blair, President Barack Obama, and First Lady Michelle Obama.
11. Living Life With Optimism and Resiliency 17:58 Robin imparts some of her most poignant lessons about building optimism, how to change the way you feel, and how to enjoy the process.