ARE YOU AN AMAZON OR AMAZON FBA SELLER?
Congratulations on starting and running your own business! We know how exciting it is when your products sell and you start to see those payouts. Your hard work is turning into Profit!
But we also know that when it comes to managing the financial side of the business, many people feel unprepared. And the more successful you are, the more important it is to keep your books organized, especially when it comes to tax time.
DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
You’re overwhelmed with accounting software options and are afraid you’ll pick one that might limit you down the road.
You have no idea how to adjust your Amazon deposits for gross sales, refunds, and fees.
You’re confused about the difference between inventory and cost of goods sold not to mention how to track them.
It’s the end of the year and you’re not sure how to reconcile your 1099-K.
You’ve invested tons of time reading blog posts, downloading accounting resources … now, you’re on information overload AND still don’t know where to start!
DON’T WORRY, THERE IS HOPE
What if you could have:
- A clear, easy-to-understand, and consistent accounting routine you can depend on.
- Built-for-you resources to adjust sales deposits, calculate/record cost of goods sold, and reconcile your Amazon 1099-K.
- Confidence to be able to review and understand your financial statements.
Amazon Accounting Simplified Online Course
Comprehensive Quickbooks Online course especially for E-Commerce sellers
Learn from anywhere using laptop, tablet, or phone
Hours of step-by-step video content
Done-for-you Excel templates and downloadable reference sheets
Learn how to confidently set up and manage your books
Lifetime Access to all materials
Here what you’ll get:
1. Organize your Amazon E-Commerce business with Quickbooks Online
- Try it! How to use the Quickbooks Online (QBO) Test Drive feature (3:13)
- How to choose a QuickBooks Online Subscription (1:01)
- Our recommendations for Cloud Storage and Filing Systems (7:19)
- How to gather your documents (4:29)
- What if My Data isn’t in the Right Format for QBO? (4:30)
- How to Keep Your Accounting Plan on Track (5:16)
2. Setting Up QuickBooks Online Bank Feeds and Historical Data
- How to Customize your QuickBooks Account Names (5:35)
- Editing Account Names in the Chart of Accounts (1:33)
- Adding New Accounts and Sub Accounts in QBO (5:25)
- Using Account Numbers in QBO (2:16)
- Cleaning Up Your Chart of Accounts (4:04)
- Schedule C Summary (10:06)
- How to Connect Your Bank & Credit Card Accounts to QuickBooks Online (4:04)
- Manually Importing Older Transactions (14:42)
- Updating Connection Settings and Disconnecting (1:23)
3. Establishing Opening Balances
- Why Do Opening Balances Matter?
- How to Use the Opening Balance Sheet Template (18:22)
- Entering Opening Balances in QuickBooks Online (10:55)
- Opening Balances and Account Reconciliations (6:10)
4. All About Categorizing Transactions in QuickBooks Online
- Meet the Banking Window (7:34)
- How to Add Vendors vs Customers (4:04)
- Add, Match, Transfer, and Undo – What’s the Difference? (7:23)
- Batch Actions – Accept, Exclude, Modify (3:47)
- Exclude vs Delete (1:28)
- How to Split a Transaction (2:15)
- How Rules Create Consistency and Efficiency (9:32)
- How to Categorize Gift Cards
5. Managing PayPal and eBay Sales in QuickBooks Online
- Connect to the PayPal App (3:02)
- The PayPal App vs the Bank Feed (6:37)
- Categorizing PayPal and eBay Sales and PayPal Fees (10:23)
6. Amazon Sales and Other Sales
- How to Use the Amazon Sales Template (6:50)
- Unavailable Balances + Chargebacks (4:08)
- Amazon Loan – Principal vs Interest (3:01)
- Record Amazon Deposit in QuickBooks Online (14:53)
- Record Other Sales Deposits (3:55)
- Amazon Sales and Fees Accrual
- Understanding the Amazon 1099-K (4:15)
- Sales Tax collected by Amazon and remitted to you
- Report > What sales tax did Amazon collect for me?
7. Cost of Goods Sold
- How to find COGS in InventoryLab and how to record it in QBO (5:25)
- How to Calculate and Record COGS if you are not Using Inventory Lab (7:37)
- What is the best way to track what I spent on inventory inside of Amazon Seller Central?
- What happens if I have inventory that has expired, is lost, damaged, sold, or donated? (3:29)
- Does it really matter if I don’t know the difference between cash and accrual-based accounting? What IS the difference anyway? (5:59)
8. Reconciling Accounts
- Welcome to the Reconciliation Window (3:39)
- PayPal Reconciliation (16:14)
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations (15:18)
- Correcting Reconciliation Changes (6:31)
9 . Reviewing Work and Financial Statements
- Review Your Work: The Transaction List by Vendor Report (10:00)
- How to Review the Balance Sheet (6:40)
- How to Review the Profit & Loss (Income Statement) (7:02)
- Profit First – Overview, Example, and Template with Explanatory Video (10:08)
10. We Want to Hear from You!
- We always appreciate feedback!